Sunday, July 28, 2013

Teacher Emergency Kit

I have spent a lot of time searching pinterest for new ideas for my classroom.  I will probably never have time to make them all, but I did find one that I just had to have. 

Teacher Emergency Kit

I found the idea here:  http://luckeyfrogslilypad.blogspot.com/2013/03/teacher-emergency-kit.html.  As soon as I read this, I knew it was something I had to do.  Using her post to give me ideas, I sat down and made my own list of things that I would possibly need to have on hand just in case.  Here is what I have come up with so far (and I'm sure this list will change several times before the year is over)...

Medical
  • Ibuprofen for when I feel a headache coming on
  • Vitamin C drops for those days I feel a cold coming on
  • Cough drops for when I forgot about the Vitamin C and actually got a cold
  • Band aids - especially if you are clumsy like me
  • Feminine needs for - well you know
Cosmetic
  • Chapstick -especially in the wintertime
  • Nail file - there's not much worse than a broken nail
  • Hand Lotion - also got mine from Mary Kay
  • Wisp brushes - not quite like a toothbrush but will work in a pinch...really works well to freshen breath
  • Tide pen - in case I spill my lunch
  • Foundation - figured I would just open a new one before my old ran out and put the extra that I had left in there
  • Hair ties - because I'm always needing one
  • Hair brush - with long hair I have to brush it often or it looks terrible by the end of the day
Miscellaneous
  • Lint roller
  • Hand sanitizer - best is from Bath and Body Works
  • Breath mints
  • Kleenex
  • Baby wipes
  • Maybe popcorn or a couple of granola bars
  • And of course...lots of chocolate :)
After I made my list I looked over it and noticed it was a really long list, but I'd rather have too much than not enough, so I went to town and bought my supplies (not all pictured).  I found the case in the cosmetics department at Wal-Mart.

 
I packed them all neatly inside the case...
 
 
And here's the finished product.  I think it will fit nicely inside my desk drawer at school.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea. I always make a 911 kit at the beginning of each school year. I also make an abbreviated version for each team member using a cute plastic pencil box from the dollar store. Love your post!

    ReplyDelete